- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 -15 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes, diced (or one cup fresh, diced, sauteed tomatoes)
- 2 – 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed (or two cups prepared dried black beans)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red curry powder
- 1.5 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
Saute onion and red pepper in large saucepan (adding water by the tablespoon to prevent sticking) over medium heat until onion is translucent. Stir in jalapeno before adding all dry spices. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes before adding tomatoes and black beans. Serve over brown rice and top with tropical fruit chutney.
*This recipe is an adaptation of the one found in the Forks Over Knives cookbook.