I did no cardio yesterday. Yesterday was just an endurance test in existing.
I left work at midnight Thursday morning and left town at 0200 to drive to Memphis to meet my father and sister at the hospital where my father was to undergo excision of a malignant melanoma. We did the day surgery admissions song and dance from about 0715 to around 1000 when they finally took him back to surgery. My sister Chele and I were both starving so we hit the cafeteria before moving to the waiting room where a caught a few Zzzzzs. The surgery went fine and he was sprung at around 1730. Stopping for dinner and gasoline put me home at somewhere around 2240 – one tired human. Sleep, however, eluded me until after 0100. I was awake again at 0330. Oh, for pity’s sake!
Fit cardio in there? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Didn’t happen and, frankly, it’s probably not going to happen today, either.
- (This one might tick some of you off) Obese doctors and nurses carry about the same amount of authority with me as a nun does as a sex education teacher.
- Hospital vending machines should offer healthier choices.
- Hospital CAFETERIAS should offer healthier choices!
- Waiting room chairs are not designed to sleep in.
- As a society we need to regain respect for each other in shared areas, i.e. no loud conversations (either in person or on phones), nail clipping or, um, organ adjustments in public spaces.
- For the little amount of quality content available, we have too many ways to see it with televisions every. where.
- It’s okay to not have background music or television noise all the time.
- Fatigue makes you REALLY hungry for any calorie dense thing in the world.
- Apples do really perk you up when you’re tired.
- If you drink a cup of caffeinated coffee after 11 months of abstinence from caffeinated beverages, it will keep you awake to finish your drive home. And then some.
- And, finally, this math equation:
(1)sister + (1)live trap + (1)feral kitty colony = (1)adorable kitten for me to socialize, foster and rehome.
Dad’s surgery went well. We’ll get the node biopsies back in about 10 days. Positive thoughts and prayers on his behalf are appreciated. As I’ve told you many times, I adore that man. We all do.
And, hey! Anybody want a kitten?